Sunday, September 25, 2011

Model Writing

Composition #1: Blog Post    author’s name deleted

Post:  Super campers!                Posted on   15th September 2011

I never thought camping could be that fun until my first camping with my friends Andy and Ben last weekend! Embracing the beautiful nature, chatting with friends, having barbeque… What a wonderful getaway and replenishment for the mind!

On a sunny Saturday morning the three of us set off for the Lady MacLehose Holiday Village located in Sai Kung. I was so much impressed already at the first sight of the splendid bay view from the entrance, and my jaws simply dropped when we saw the great variety of facilities there awaiting us! Hot with sweat we went to the swimming pool at once. It had pristine water as clear as crystal, adding to the tranquility of the afternoon. What followed was a messy yet gleeful scrambling for the bathroom. Then we had a walk on the bird trail. I was so soothed by the beautiful music performed by the singers of the nature and the floral scenery amid the gentle breeze.

Later, the setting sun glowed like an orange and immediately the sky put on a dark cloth. This also marked the climax (or the crisis!) of the camp – having barbeque. Let alone taking half an hour to start the fire, I almost got stung by the fork of Andy and burnt six chicken wings myself! Poor chicken! Luckily, we did not die of starvation in the end. After all, it was in fact quite a memorable experience to sit around the campfire, gazing at the stars who were too shy to show up in the urban area, spending hours chatting and laughing with friends until late.

The next day we packed up our things and ‘too confident’ with our ‘first-rate’ cooking skills, we resorted to cup noodles for breakfast. We then went cycling and playing badminton. At 4 pm, reluctantly we left the campsite for home, putting a full stop to this 2-day super camp.

My first camping was so unforgettable I’m sure it will not be the last one. You can forget all the hustle and bustle of school, foster your relationship with friends, and learn to be more self-dependent throughout camping. Just having left the camp for a week I can’t wait already to go camping again with my super campers in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment